Digital transformation has become essential to survive in today’s business world. In order to keep up as a business and stay relevant, you need to become a digital business through digital transformation and keep up with trends.
That’s why we’ve done a lot of research on digital transformation, and are happy to share our findings with you! Here we’ve gathered eight articles in which we tell you all about digital transformation, explain its importance, how you can become a digital business, the benefits and challenges of digital transformation and how Workspace 365 supports you in this journey.
The Ultimate Guide to Digital Transformation
Let’s start out with the biggest of them all! Not so much an article, but a complete guide with the most important things you need to know about digital transformation.
In our Ultimate Guide to Digital Transformation, you’ll find out what drives digital transformation and why it’s so important for your organisation, how you can start your digital transformation process and how your organisational culture is a big part of digital transformation.
You can easily read the complete guide online, or download the free PDF version to save and read later. Use the guide to get a good understanding of what digital transformation actually means, and why you need it.
The digital transformation journey
So where do you start with digital transformation? It’s important to have a clear vision on why there is the need to change to a digital business. We’ll explain five steps to start your digital transformation journey.
- Set clear goals: By setting clear goals you’ll know what you want to achieve at the end of your journey.
- Foster an environment that embraces change: Engage employees in the changes that are taking place to get everyone on board.
- Collaborate: Gather input from IT, sales, marketing, etcetera to involve all departments and find out what they need.
- Analyse and adjust: Use data to spot trends and monitor progress, in order to react accordingly.
- Digitisation and personalisation: Make the transition from manual to digital processes a seamless experience, with attention to the personal touch in this experience.
Discover more in our article ‘Digital Transformation Journey’!
What is a digital transformation strategy?
Digital transformation is about becoming a digital business and adopting a new way of working. During your transformation you don’t just roll out new tools, but you need to change behaviours, shift the culture within your organisation and reinvent processes.
To make sure that your business has a successful transformation you need to set up a good strategy. In our article ‘What is a digital transformation strategy?’ we’ll explain what a digital transformation strategy is, which elements are a part of this strategy and the five typical steps for a digital transformation strategy.
Besides these steps there are five essential pillars of a digital transformation strategy, which we’ll discuss in this article:
- Digital Employee Experience (DEX)
- Supporting the future hybrid workplace
- Change management
- Organisational culture
- Security and compliance
8 benefits of digital transformation
Enhanced resource management, information sharing and data collection are just a few of the many benefits of digital transformation. We understand that you may have a lot of questions about what the benefits of such change within your organisation are. That’s why we’ve written an article that explains the following benefits of digital transformation:
- Faster response to changes in the market
- Resilience to unexpected threats and changes
- Greater competitive advantage
- Greater capacity for innovation
- Improved customer loyalty
- Stronger internal collaboration
- Smarter decision making
- Improved profitability
The biggest digital transformation challenges
Besides the benefits there are some challenges you may face with digital transformation. As digital transformation affects things in every business stage, you need to know which challenges you may have to deal with and how you can tackle those challenges.
In this article we’ll discuss 8 challenges of digital transformation and explain how you can deal with them. An adaptive workspace like Workspace 365 can help you with tackling these digital transformation challenges. Later on in this article, we’ll go further into how Workspace 365 supports your digital transformation.
Top 10 digital transformation trends
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a huge impact on the digital transformation trends from 2020 and on the trends for 2021. As remote working has increased and many organisations will probably work remotely after COVID-19, the rise of the cloud has become very important in 2020 and will be important in 2021 as well.
We’ve made an article where we explain the ten most important trends for 2021 and how you can respond to those trends. In it we’ll discuss the following trends:
- Remote work shifts digital transformation priorities
- Employees at the core
- Rethinking cybersecurity strategies for remote working
- Accelerated digital transformation efforts
- Contactless tech
- 5G goes mainstream
- Guided by data (analytics)
- Moving to a hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Omnichannel experience expands
- The digital workspace, from concept to product category
Will digital transformation ever end?
Digital transformation is important today, and it still will be in the future to stay for organisations in order to stay relevant and to survive in the business world. But how do you keep up?
In our article: ‘Will digital transformation ever end?’ you’ll discover that digital transformation is not a project that you go through once, but it’s a constant state of being in which you keeps transforming.
We also explain how an adaptive workspace allows you to smoothly and continually transform to stay up-to-date as a digital business.
How the adaptive workspace supports your digital transformation
After reading all those articles, you may be wondering how we can help you with digital transformation in your organisation. With Workspace 365 you can unite and simplify your information and technology in one place. It’s accessible from anywhere at any time and can be used to support your transformation efforts in several ways, from technology to employee experience and engagement. We can support your technical digital transformation by:
- Seamlessly integrating your legacy software into your hybrid workspace
- Combining your Windows Virtual Desktop, Remote Desktop and file server together with your applications, news, information, an online document solution and more
- Upgrading and changing your technology underneath the surface, while keeping it easy to understand for your employees
Want to further explore the subject of digital transformation? We have a lot more interesting articles for you!
- Digital transformation in healthcare
- Digital transformation in manufacturing
- Digital transformation in the retail industry
- Getting management on board with digital transformation
- 8 characteristics of a true digital business
- What is digital maturity?
- How to create a sense of urgency for digital transformation
Kelly van der Horst
If you have any questions about Workspace 365, feel free to contact us!
Dear communication managers, you asked, and we listened. Are you ready to increase the social interaction in your organisation? Good. Fasten your seatbelts, because in this update we’ve got new intranet features that will boost your social collaboration efforts...
In IT circles, the term is used more and more frequently: Integration Platform as a Service, or iPaas. iPaas ensures that all systems and applications within your organisation can communicate with each other without problems. What advantages does that offer? And what...
The holidays are coming upon us and many communication departments are already finishing their Christmas messaging. Is your organisation also ready to engage with employees? In this update we have some new features that will make it easier to engage with your hybrid...