What is WebDav SSL – Network drive?
WebDav (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning) is a protocol that allows people to move, copy, share and edit files through a web server. This allows you to collaborate with others on files on a document that is stored centrally. Many people recognize this as the network drive.
WebDav SSL is a secure connection to the WebDav fileserver to make it available outside an internal network. By using WebDav SSL you have a secure connection and files can only be accessed by people who have the rights to do so. This way people can work from home on their files that are otherwise only available at the office.
How do you integrate WebDav SSL in Workspace 365?
With the WebDav SSL integration within Workspace 365 you bring all your documents together in the Workspace 365 Documents App. From the workspace you can easily open files with the locally installed Office applications and with the Office Online Server (OOS). Workspace 365 partners can ask us for permission to use the Office Online editors with every Office license in which the online editors are available.
- Combine files from the network drive (file server), Office 365, SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in one Document App.
- Access all your files with local and/or online Office editors on any device.
- Secure connection to your files allowing you to work anywhere.
- Conditional Access to determine which Office editors are available outside the office network.
- After authorization by our Success Team, you can use the Office Online editors when they are within your Microsoft (previously Office 365) license (as our Documents App is authorized by Microsoft, you do not need a mandatory Office Pro Plus license. This allows you to save up to €10,- per month, per user, on Microsoft license fees).